- The Hungarian subsidiary Thonauer Kft. has been renamed Komax Thonauer Kft.
- Start of the development and production of machinery for processing HV cables for electric vehicles.
- Thonauer Austria, Hungary and Romania have been certified to ISO 9001: 2015.
- The Thonauer group is taken over by longtime partner Komax AG as part of a long-term succession plan.
- Ing. Mag. (FH) Werner RENNER takes over the management of our company.
- Ing. Petr Pavelka takes over the management of Thonauer spol.s.r.o. (Czech Republic).
- Thonauer spol.s.r.o. (Czech Republic) moves to the new company building at Hviezdoslavova 1188/5, 62700 Brno.
- Thonauer becomes the agent of Drei Bond, covering adhesives technology.
- Sales exceeded 35 million euros for the first time.
- In May 2015, the quality management system at Thonauer spol.s.r.o (Czech Republic) was certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
- In December 2014 the quality management system at Thonauer Automatic SRL (Romania) was certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
- January: Quality Austria Certificate awarded for the quality management system according to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 Grateful for a quarter of a century
(Thonauer Gesellschaft m.b.H. - Austria).
- The year 2013 was marked by the 25th anniversary of the founding of the company.
- Ing. Mag. (FH) Werner Renner took over sales management of the Thonauer Group.
- For the first time in history, Thonauer Group achieved a total turnover of approx. EUR 20 Million.
- Start of activities as a service provider in the areas of application of foam sealing, selective coating and potting.
- Start of Thonauer Energia in Hungary to set up complete systems for the use of bio energy.
- Expansion of the product portfolio through acquisition of representations for winding machines (Ingrid West Machinery IWM), low-pressure mixing and dispensing machines from RAMPF Dosiersysteme and optical filters from PSC.
- Ing. Walter ALTRICHTER takes over sole management of the company.
- New representations to complement our sales programme, e.g. selective soldering (ATN Niemeier), laser stripping and marking (Spectrum Technologies)
- August 2004: Move to the new company building at Perfektastraße 59, 1230 Vienna
- Conversion of the Romanian Information and Service office into Thonauer Automatic s.r.l., which is 100% owned by Thonauer GmbH in Vienna.
- Purchase and extension of a new office, storage facility and presentation showroom in ViennaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 23rd district.
- Enlargement of our subsidiary in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Expansion of sales territory to Slovenia Installation of first KOMAX ARA cable processing robot and KOMAX 488 machine.
- Acquisition of right to represent the US company PVA (Precision Valves & Automation, Inc.), which offers equipment for selective conformal coating and dispensing.
- Opening of the branch office in TIMISOARA in Romania to improve customer service in the northern part of the country.
- Relaunch of the Thonauer website.
- Additional service branch in ZVOLEN (Mid of Slovakia) opens.
- Formation of Slovakian subsidiary, Thonauer s.r.o, in Bratislava.
- Start of cooperation with WIEDENBACH printing systems.
- Establishment of Thonauer r.s.o. in BRNO (CZ).
- At the end of 1999, Ing. Friedrich Thonauer cedes technical management to Ing. Christian Thonauer and commercial management to Ing. Walter Altrichter. He remains with the company as a consultant.
Establishment of Thonauer Kft., the first subsidiary in Hungary.
- Founding of own information and service office in BUDAPEST.
- Start of targeting of the Hungarian market, with participation in symposiums and trade fairs.
Development of a fully-automated high-frequency soldering station for contacts on a KOMAX cable processing centre.
- Takeover of Komax and Mecal representative offices for Austria and Hungary. Komax is the leading company for automated cable processing, and Mecal is a respected manufacturer of crimping tools and presses.
- BAVARIA, now part of Laird Technologies - global market leader for EMI shielding products - makes Thonauer its representative in Austria.
- Thonauer GmbH is founded by Ing. Friedrich K. Thonauer who takes over general management.